Sunday, June 23, 2013

Meet Nes

A few months ago my friend Fiona from Imogen's Angels honored me with a custom order of a large blanket in green.  I used Attic24's Granny Stripe Pattern with this image from The Dark Rose as my inspiration.  

I used 100% pure wool from Bendigo Woollen Mills in Celery, Guava and Hunter.  In the end it weighted over 2 kgs and I used 9+ 200g balls of wool.  I worked on this blanket in short bursts every night for about 6 weeks.  Most nights I did a few rows before moving onto another project.  Even though it was a simple blanket to crochet, it did take a lot longer for me to make than I thought it would.  

I've never made a double bed size blanket before and I don't know if I will again as it was quite heavy and cumbersome at the end.  I nicknamed the blanket Nes (Never ending story) because some nights I would think I was nearly done but after measuring it I'd realise I still had a long way to go!  

Blanket up close.

Completed blanket ready to post.  

This lovely message was left on my Facebook page.  I'm so glad they like!
"Thank you for making Imogen's Green Crochet Rug, we all love it.
Look forward to snuggling under it every night xx"

You can check out my Pinterest Crochet Blankets inspiration board here.

No comments: